- Where can I see Professor Purkayastha?
- Outpatient dates and times?
- What are the fees?
- How soon can I see the consultant?
- Can I be accompanied to my consultation?
- How can I pay for my appointment?
- How long will my appointment take?
- Do I need a GP referral letter?
- What is the code for my procedure?
- How long will it take to obtain my test results?
- Do I need to see Professor Purkayastha again to receive my test results?
- Can I see Professor Purkayastha for a second opinion?
- Does Professor Purkayastha do medico-legal reports?
- Does Professor Purkayastha carry out local steroid injections and Ostenil injections?
- Does Professor Purkayastha treat only foot and ankle problems?
1. BUPA Cromwell Hospital, Cromwell Road, London SW5 0TU
2. Spire Alexandra Hospital, Impton lane, Walderslade, Kent ME5 9PG
Back to Top^
Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at Spire Alexandra Hospital. Fridays and Saturdays at BUPA Cromwell Hospital.
This is dependent upon whether you are a new patient or a follow up patient. The fee also depends on how long the consultant has to spend with you. Depending on the above it varies between £225 (for NP) to £170.00 for old patients.
Usually within a week.
Yes, you can be accompanied. If you are attending on your own, a chaperone can be arranged at the hospital should you require it.
You can pay by cheque, cash or credit card at the time of your appointment. For any account queries please contact my secretary Lorainne Collard on 07914636439
It varies between 15 to 20 minutes depending upon your problem and whether X-rays are required during your consultation. You may be called back during your visit to discuss your X-ray results.
Most insurance companies require you to have a GP referral letter. If you are self funding or require a second opinion, a GP referral letter is not required by Prof Purkayastha. Your GP will always be kept informed unless you request otherwise.
Should you require treatment or surgery you will be informed of the current procedure code during your consultation or this can be obtained afterwards by calling Lorainne Collard, Secretary on 07914636439
This can vary. X-rays taken at the time of consultation will be reviewed in clinic on the same day as soon as your X-ray has been processed by the radiology department. Should you require blood tests, MRI, CT or Isotope scans, you will be informed when the results are ready and a follow up appointment can be made to discuss the results.
Yes, Professor Purkayastha will review your results with you and discuss your future treatment should it be required.
Yes, you can if your insurance agree to pay for it or you are self funding/paying for your own treatment.
Back to Top^
Yes. Local steroid injections sometimes have to be carried out under X-ray control and these will be arranged in co-ordination with Professor Purkayastha’s clinic times and the radiology department.
Although Prof Purkayastha has a special interest on foot and ankle problems, he treats and advises on many general orthopaedic conditions particularly lower limbs, children. If necessary, he will guide you to the appropriate specialist.